Instagram

Monday 6 June 2016

My 5 Favourite Things

I love this blog challenge, it's very difficult to narrow my favourite things to just 5 and the more I think about it the harder it is! So, my choices are: 

1 Little chubby hands

 
 
I took this handprint of my 7 month old as a present, at the time I thought it was a cute idea but as my 7 month old grew and grew it made me realise just how little he once was. Nothing is better than my toddler putting his chubby little hand into mine, even if it is to lead me to the biscuit tin or the sweet aisle in the supermarket. It's one of the things I'll miss when he's older and no longer needs me to hold his hand. I try to give him the guidance he needs so that he won't need to hold my hand forever but that is such a struggle for me: I want him to hold my hand forever. The idea of him growing into a teenager and then an adult is so difficult to picture, but this picture of his handprints that I have displayed on our shelf reminds me every day that his funny toddler ways will soon become memories. They make me think twice before wishing a difficult day away. 

2 Our dog

 

Usually found snoozing on the sofa, our dog is somewhat of a hero although she's so silly no one would ever think that. We got her in 2010 as a sort of therapy dog after poor health; she was exactly what we needed. She's definitely a handful but more often than not she's happy lazing on the sofa (well they do say that dogs are much like their owners!).  Being a dog seems to confuse her, I'm sure she thinks she's a human and is very confused as to why she sleeps downstairs and is given her food in a bowl on the floor. She is always happy, she's becoming a great friend to our boys. I'm definitely envious of her ability to relax and do nothing! 


3. My Mulberry Bayswater

 

Well actually, any Mulberry! I had a definite Mulberry addiction pre-children. I enjoyed nothing better than a trip to a Mulberry shop, just to window shop was enough. I love the classic designs and the fact that they smell so good. I've had my Bayswater for 6 years and despite being a workhorse she is beautiful. The leather is ageing so well. My love of Mulberry is certainly one of the things that has stayed with me post-children, I found that after my first son was born I lost a bit of what I used to be like, I suppose my priorities changed a lot which happens to all first time mums. Mulberry reminds me that there is still a less mumsy person in there somewhere, even if she hides away most of the time. It gives me those precious few moments of self indulgence And plus, it's big enough to use as a baby bag which is a massive thumbs up in my book! 

4 My First Love

 

This needs no explanation. 


5 Beautiful Flowers

 

There's nothing like a lovely bunch of flowers to brighten up a room, they're particularly lovely in the summer time and these ones smell delicious. Another reason why I like these particular flowers in the picture are because they were a recent birthday present from my brother - he remembered my birthday without any prompting this year which I really appreciated. 

So there are my 5 favourites of today, I could have added so many more and writing this today made my day so much better. It's funny how just thinking about the little things can totally shape the type of day we have. I'm going to start tomorrow in the same way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment