Instagram

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Its a New Chapter...

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

I'm all out of inspiration today, but you get the picture!  Today is the final day of my career (well, for the foreseeable) and after a wobbly few weeks I've arrived at the other side feeling far more confident and positive than I have in a long time.  I've always been a bit of an avoider if I'm honest; its not that I can't be bothered to make huge changes or confront issues that could technically be left alone, but I definitely have the fear and this makes me less likely to adopt the 'go-get-'em' attitude that a lot of people have.  I'm not sure how relevant it is but the career I've left behind is teaching; teachers seem to be in a precarious position of late and I am another casualty of the profession it would seem.

Over the last year I've done a lot of soul searching; a lot of considering and weighing up.  I've come to realise that my career no longer suits my personality or the needs of my family.  Leaving has actually been easy; that was yesterday.  The difficulty was in the run up to making everything official.  And here it is: Official.

Now, I haven't left the world of work completely; much the opposite. I can't reveal too much here but I am now self employed in a company of which I have no practical experience.  I have an interest, I have transferable skills, I have (some!) common sense.  And apparently that forms the basis of my new career.

I'm excited!  And I know that this decision will vastly improve the life of my boys who were the motivation behind all of this...

Here's to a new beginning





No comments:

Post a Comment